 General / 22848
Re: Silver Luxury Sport Sedan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 17:23:45 GMT

From: "Mike Petrucelli" <lordinsanity@usa.net>

<soapbox>

*ahem* People do NOT explode in the vacuum of space. This is a myth
perpetuated by Hollywood.

That makes no sense.  If one was ejected into a vacuum the lack of pressure
outside of the body would cause the presure inside the body to forcefully
balance.  FYI. Hollywood usually does not show people explode in my
experience,
which as I stated makes no sense.  If you know why this is not the case I
would
be interesting to here the reasoning.

It does make sense if you think about it. 15 psi isn't enough to make you
explode. the human body is a lot stronger than that.

But don't take it from me, Read what NASA has to say about it.

http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/answers/970603.html

~Mark
--
Mark's Lego Creations