 General / 22657
  Re: When did "seeding" begin?

(...) I have a guess: Lego think its easier to follow the building instructions if they put a brick in another color as a sort of reference point... -Anders (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: When did "seeding" begin?

(...) Or maybe they want the kids to have different colored bricks for them to use when they take apart the set (of course I already have enough red >:o). -- Andrew, Agent 0007 (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: When did "seeding" begin?

(...) when (...) That was my assumptionm, but: Anders Johansson wrote: (...) I hadn't thought about that but that could be a possibility. Frank (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: When did "seeding" begin?

(...) IMO the main reason is as a reference point for building, with a fringe benefit that it makes the overall package (polypaks) more colorful. When you've got a bunch of black plates interlocking all over the core of a 5571, a hidden blue brick (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.general)