 General / 22287
RE: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 01:08:14 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Walsh [mailto:mike_walsh@mindspring.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2000 11:55 AM
To: lugnet.general@lugnet.com; lugnet.legoland.california@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.

"James Brown" <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message
news:G15MBJ.GLu@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:
Hope I'm not stealing Steve Chuck's thunder, but I was browsing the • Brickshelf
Gallery and came upon this picture:

It was taken on a LEGO factory tour. It's a picture of a
retired mold
which
makes 8 2x3 bricks. There is a little caption plate which • said it made

I'd take a stab that that is actually the "LEGO Factory
Tour" in Funtown
at
LLC.  Or at least, it looks an awful lot like it. :)  There • is also a mold
machine pumping out 2x4 red bricks (at the time) and an
assembly line
machine
that made & took apart simple LEGO cars.

I was at LEGOLAND California a week and a half ago and the
factory tour
equipment is still pumping out 2x4 red bricks, four or eight
at a time.
They also had a painting machine putting the LEGO logo on
1x4x3 yellow thin
walls but it was unfortunately out of service.

Probably a stupid question...but which set would require these parts with
the logo? [or is a new set going to use it? ] After all, I can hardly see
them producing a large number of parts, printing on them, and then not using
them...

Just my $US 0.0108 [$Aus 0.02 at present :( ]

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)