 General / 22199
Re: Are Sears and Target stores the same thing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 14:41:15 GMT

Bradley Dale wrote:

I was at the Sears store in Pickering, Ontario last night, and they had some
'Action Pack' sets with the 2882 speedboat, 2884 aircraft, 2886 racer, and 6407
fire chief.  Some websites list these sets as Target promotions.  I don't think
there are any Targets in Canada (but I could be wrong).  And if anyone is in
the Pickering area, there are lots of these sets left- some are even getting a
bit dusty!  If you like Town, you will probalby enjoy it.  They are $14.99.

No Sears and Target are not the same thing.  Sears stores are owned by the Sears
Corporation (based in Chicago).  Target stores are owned by the Target Corp, which
until last year were called Dayton Hudson (after the Minneapolis based Dayton's
Department Stores, and the Detroit based Hudson's Department Stores).  This company
changed its name because the discount chain store that they started became the
biggest selling division of the retail corporation (over 70% of the corporations
sales).  This company also owns the Marshall Fields Department stores of Chicago,
and Mervyn's stores, another discount chain.