 General / 22105
Re: Broken 8448 Shocks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 16:30:43 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ian Sinclair writes:
I bought my supercar a couple of weeks ago, and at the weekend I noticed
that one of the damped springs that open the gullwing doors had broken.
The bottom of the spring has broken into the main part of the housing,
so now there is no spring effect.  I was just wondering how I should
contact Lego to get a replacement part (I'm in the UK).

Thanks for any help!

Neil

Many people have mentioned broken air dampened shocks on the 8448.  Is
it just some of us?  Or will it be most of us in time?

I have heard that LEGO will replace the parts.  Give them a call.

   What is the phone number (I'm in the US) to call? I am surprised that Lego
doesn't seem to have a customer support e-mail address, and I can't even find
an appropriate phone number.
   I found the damper parts broken on my Supercar just recently, after it had
been sitting on display (i.e., not really "played with" much) since last
Winter when I first got it. I finally see what everyone was talking about with
these broken pieces and hope that I can get less-fragile replacements from
Lego.