 General / 21933
Re: I need advice for Shopping @ Home, please help!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 02:29:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bradley Dale writes:
Okay, well I have some little catalogs that look like this-
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/2000/d00am-125dpi/index.html
You know, the one that comes with the sets.  All of the prices in it include
shipping, and therefore are much more resonable than the S@H catalogs that • come
in the mail.  Prices are supposed to be in effect until March 31, 2001, but
would they make an exception?  I need to know if anyone has used this after
they brought in seperate shipping costs, and if it works.  I think that the
shipping costs are too high, and I would really like to find a way around it.
Can I do this?

You should be able to get them to honor those prices, but who knows (they need
to honor the prices, but I'm not sure they need to honor the shipping charges,
so you could end up paying more by using those prices). The way around the
current shipping prices however is to make a large enough order (and one hint
here - if you order something which is not yet available, go ahead and pre-
order it, you don't get hit with a separate shipping charge for it). Of course
the new prices suck for the person who just wants a few small items, but then,
why should big buyers subsidize the small buyer which is what was happening
before (in fact, now big buyers get somewhat of a discount because there is a
cap on shipping cost, and I don't think you need to make that big an order to
have the real shipping cost exceed the shipping charge)?

Frank