 General / 21874
Re: Mars Mission Set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 01:58:32 GMT

Dave Low wrote:

In lugnet.general, John Rudy writes:
I was looking throught the S@H catalog and noticed what appears to be
a new "extension" to Space Port (which is a subtheme of Town, like
City Center is).  I wonder if this means that there will be more Space
Port Mars sets next year?

Given that the other "Master Builders" sets develop existing themes, it seems
likely. Possible other sets: surface rovers, robots, aircraft, base camp... • <snip>
These Space port Mars were spoken of in a "Certain" Deleted post.  The one we
argued over for so long if you get my drift. There were other sets, but I
won't state them here. I don't know if this will get me/Todd/LUGNET in
trouble w/ TLC.

I'd be a bit worried if we couldn't even _mention_ that there'd been an
inadvertent leak. I often talk about serious illegalities, but I tend not to
commit them myself.

Given that "Mars Mission" has now appeared in an entirely legitimate Lego
publication, I think we should go crazy speculating on what other new products
there might be in the theme.

One interesting thing is how these "Town in Space" sets have a similar style
to Classic Space -- not especially futuristic, just an extrapolation of where
the real-world space program could go in a few years. It seems a bit sad that
in the past 25 years or so these dreams have become so much more limited.

--DaveL
I would guess that these sets are a way to extend spaceport into more a
"space" thing and get around the liscence condition that is in the SW
liscence that lego cant make more space sets (if it exists)