 General / 21373
Re: My lego dream -cool creations!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 07:59:14 GMT

I'm remembering more, now... I think that the shelf was attached to
first a 1*6 white brick, which was "hanging" from the ceiling. That way,
the shelf wasn't so high, so the minifigs could easily put things on it.

Or maybe it didn't, I'm not sure...

I'll have to experiment with this.

I think that it was some kind of bar he built, and the shelf was where
all the alcohol and soda bottles were stored...

That would explain the desk under it, too :-)

Maybe the whole building wasn't minifig scale, I'm starting to doubt it,
mainly because

a) I never saw any minifigs in the house :-)
b) The proportions weren't those of a minifig scale building. The house
was much higher than six bricks, maybe 8 or so.

Todd Lehman wrote:
Wow, ya, Great idea!  BTW, I'm not sure you realize just how clever your
dreamed-up design really is!

Well, actaully, the first thing I thought when waking up was "He's a
genius!" and I remember thinking "Wow! Great idea!" when I saw it in the dream.

Did you know that you can connect the tops
of those wine glasses to the bottoms of plates directly *without* the need
for 1x1 round plates?  (Try it!!!)  The tops of the glasses also take the
bottom of 1x1 cylinder bricks and many other round things.  :-)

Yeah, I rembered it just when I read your post :-)
But that wouldn't make the shelf "stud-aligned", it would be in-between
two rows of stud, wouldn't it?

--Tobias