 General / 20895
20894  |  20896
Subject:
I agree with Todd's recent actions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 00:49:54 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

  Todd did the right thing in removing the price lists for the
unreleased LEGO sets. Information was posted to this server which was of
questionable origin. It is unclear whether or not the poster had the
right to publish the information, and if LEGO does have a nondisclosure
agreement with their retailers then the information that was posted
should not have been released to the public. If the information was not
supposed to be released to the public then Todd could face legal
problems if he allows his servers to host the information (I am not a
lawyer, but if a friend who works in area 51 tells me top secret
information that does not give me permission to spread that
information).
  I think Todd's actions are those of a responsible citizen. I also
applaud his statement that if this is just a case of bullying and the
LEGO does not have a non-disclosure agreement with their suppliers that
he will repost the information.
  I also hope that if their is a non-disclosure agreement that our
friend does not get into any trouble for his actions. After all,
preproduction photos were not released, and there really can't be any
damage caused by the information that appeared here (except that we all
get really really excited and start torturing the S@H operators.).

Chris