 General / 20692
20691  |  20693
Subject:
Newsgroup for LEGO "art" (was: Re: edy lego art)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 20:03:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Juergen Stuber writes:
"Edmund Nussbaum" <en@mpifr-bonn.mpg.de> writes:
I set the follow-up to lugnet.general, because I couldn't
find a newsgroup dealing with Lego art. In my opinion it
would be good for lugnet to have a newsgroup dealing with
Lego art.

Yes, that would be interesting.

Having seen more of Edmund's creations, and noticing that the Mosaic Maker[1]
is gaining in popularity, and remembering Ashley Glennon's Minifig Museum of
Modern Art[2], I gotta agree -- a group dedicated to "art" could really help
all things LEGO-art-related take off and flourish.

Looking at the charters for .fun and .build, it would seem to fit in under
.fun more than .build, as .build is geared toward real "building" and .fun
is geared toward more "off-beat" and fun (non-traditional) ways to use LEGO
elements -- crafts, parties, games, etc.

What kinds of things might be covered under the charter if there were a new
group lugnet.fun.art?

- minifig-scale modern art sculptures (like Ashley's)
- large sculptures (like the ones Eric Harshbarger does)
- pure sculptures (like the ones Edmund just announced this week)
- mosaics or wall hangings
- use of LEGO in posters or other design
- other?

--Todd

[1] http://www.lugnet.com/cad/mosaic/
[2] http://www.minifigmuseum.freeservers.com/