 General / 20375
  Re: Has Anyone Joined the Dark Side Yet?

(...) That part is also in the 7181 UCS TIE Interceptor, as the collar that sits on the display stand (it's probably in the 7191 UCS X-wing too, for the same purpose, but since I don't have the X-wing yet, I can't say for sure). I was wondering (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Has Anyone Joined the Dark Side Yet?

Actually, while the Tie uses that piece, the X-Wing, interestingly, does not. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Has Anyone Joined the Dark Side Yet?

(...) Hmm...then how does the X-wing sit on its display stand? If some less stable combination of bricks is used, that might account for the reports I've seen of X-Wings falling off their stands...short of earthquake or deliberate bumping, that TIE (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Has Anyone Joined the Dark Side Yet?

(...) Oops, I haven't built my Tie Interceptor yet! Maybe I don't deserve to be a Sith Master after all. No wonder the cape wasn't in the box. :-) -- David Schilling (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Has Anyone Joined the Dark Side Yet?

(...) There is a square hole built up by plates... in reality, it is very very stable. As for reports of the x-wing falling off, well, it is a much much heavier model than the UCS TIE. It hasn't happened to mine, but I can see how, if the stand is (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)