 General / 20259
  Quality of bricks from "bulk-ordering"

Hi Everybody ! I just had a interesting phone call with a Lego-Shop-Owner (in Germany). He told me that the quality of the bricks which are sold as "bulk-orders" is much more worse than of bricks used in sets or service packs (also colors are (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Quality of bricks from "bulk-ordering"

(...) Why would the quantity in which a brick was sold have *any* bearing on its quality? Sounds to me like this guy doesn't know what he is talking about. I may be all wet but I can say that *I* have not observed this. BTW, it think it would be (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Quality of bricks from "bulk-ordering"

(...) cant believe Lego would deliberately sell inferior bricks via a bulk ordering process. Lego seem to take pride in quality. Why would they run two machines side by side, 'set bricks' and 'bulk bricks'? Cost cannot be that much of a factor. They (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Quality of bricks from "bulk-ordering"

(...) Maybe it isn't so much a factor of how you set the machine, but more so how much you inspect the parts after they are molded. Check out this post from a few months back: (URL) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Quality of bricks from "bulk-ordering"

(...) much (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Quality of bricks from "bulk-ordering"

I've ordered about 6 different kinds of parts packs from bulk ordering and the quality of all of them was excellent. I noticed no difference between the bricks in the bulk orders and the ones you might find in sets. Brad Adriling (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Quality of bricks from "bulk-ordering"

Hi Adrian, Hi all... (...) I've ordered quite a few of these bulk bricks, and the only things that are of inferior quality are the bizarre polybags they put the bulk bricks in. The grey bricks are identical to the ones I have, and the colour is (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)