 General / 20172
20171  |  20173
Subject:
A new figure I'd like to see: "Medium-fig"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 06:06:47 GMT

A figure that is the halfway point between the Technic figures and the
common mini-fig.  Being smaller than the Technic figure would allow the
possibility of constructing buildings and vehicles of appropriate scale
without vast expenditures of cash to acquire enough brick to build such
things.  This figure would utilize the wonderful flexibility of the joints
in the Technic figures while retaining the basic physical dimensions of the
mini-fig, thereby making it more poseable and dynamic.  It also would have a
more accurate overall body proportion,something that many people have
expressed their discontent with regarding the mini-fig.

Just imagine rows of knights who could actually hold a two-handed sword, or
a spaceman who could actually operate his own space bazooka instead of just
carting it around in one hand.  Since I've done a short stop-motion film
using mini-figs, I delight in imagining how much fun it would be to have
figures capable of more physical expression.  Not only would they would they
be more action-oriented, which is what TLG really seems to be pushing right
now, but they would also be more distinctive individually because you would
have a wider range of possibilities in making figures of the same kind
appear different from each other.  More poses would mean a much wider range
of possibilties for emotional expression through body posture.

Comments?  Criticisms?

Dave

-- "There is no end, no beginning.  There is only the infinite passion of
life."  -Federico Fellini