 General / 19981
    Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing? —Erik Olson
   What Scott said! One day, you will bring an armful of Lego to the cashier and plunk it down. They will say with a smile "Is all this for you?" and if you dare to reply "Yes it is" and you receive in return a wink of jealousy... these things will (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing? —Eric Brouwer
     I have been getting something like this more and more. After I tell people the Lego is for me I get a response along the lines of, "I wish I could play with Lego! I'd feel funny though." I always tell them not to worry about it, and buy some if they (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

         Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing? —Scott Edward Sanburn
     Eric, (...) Oh, you know it as well, huh? I kick myself everyday for not buying those wondererful 5.00 Futuron minifig packs when they were out, so I can have a force for my ADF. Sigh..... Did you ever wish you had a few hundreds, went into a time (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

         Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing? —Eric Brouwer
      Man... If I could go back, I would scoop up every Black Night set I encountered. Think of all the armor... That's why if I ever see clearanced Lego now, regardless of theme, I pick it up. You never know what your going to be longing for in a few (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

         Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing? —Erik Olson
     (...) wouldn't that be an air force of? (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing? —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) They (...) You are absolutely correct! One checker at Target simply said, "I love Lego. I use to play with it all the time when I was a kid." I pointed out that it was on heavy discount (at the time) and that she had a job and that it is okay (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing? —Gary Istok
    (...) I know all about the fear of being ridiculed at the checkout counter. I went through that in the 1980's. I didn't make eye contact with people, etc. I think sometimes we are our own worst enemies though. Now, however, I don't care what people (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)