 General / 19818
Re: Shop at Home Specials to now run Wednesday to Tuesday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 12:40:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Marchetti writes:
I almost laughed out loud until I realized that it must be true.  Why would
Mondays be busier when they are a 24/7 service?  I have personally called them
at the dead of night...>
- Richard

Personally I never order from their after hours service.  Only if you call
their direct S@H number during the day & during the week (8-8 M-F I think) are
you guaranteed to get an actual LEGO Company employee.  If over the weekend I
decide there is something I want to order I'll wait until Monday, and  I'll
get it quicker than if I ordered it on Saturday.

Also while they probably recieve their orders from their after hours service
electronically, they may actually have to key these in by hand.  This would be
done on Mondays no doubt.  I used to work for a mail order company and we used
one of these services.  While we normally received these electronically, we
would occassionally have to enter their orders by hand due to a glitch in the
interface between the two systems. Everyone hated days when that happened.

BEN