 General / 19510
  Classics LEGOstrated presents: OZYMANDIAS

A new feature debuts today on my LEGO site: Classics LEGOstrated - exploring the world of literature through the medium of LEGO bricks. Our first offering is Percy Shelley's poem, "Ozymandias". I hope you enjoy it. (URL) (24 years ago, 2-Jul-00, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: Classics LEGOstrated presents: OZYMANDIAS

(...) That is great, Jeff!! That's the only poem I actually liked when we did poetry in High School English! :D Great work, and keep it up!! Jeff (24 years ago, 2-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Classics LEGOstrated presents: OZYMANDIAS

(...) real m-f leg piece! Great idea, keep it up!! -Shiri (24 years ago, 2-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Classics LEGOstrated presents: OZYMANDIAS

(...) Oh man! That's sweet! Will (24 years ago, 2-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Classics LEGOstrated presents: OZYMANDIAS

(...) Groovy, I like it. Remember "Picture Objects" can be place right in to the Bryce scene. Good for Shadows and Relections and foreground stuff with out having to composite in the paint package. DaveG (24 years ago, 2-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Classics LEGOstrated presents: OZYMANDIAS

(...) Wow! Very, very nicely done! Kevin (24 years ago, 2-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Classics LEGOstrated presents: OZYMANDIAS

(...) I agree. My only suggestion is to add some light shadows under the fig and horse so they don't float. --Bram (24 years ago, 2-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Classics LEGOstrated presents: OZYMANDIAS

(...) Great idea! Educational and fun... I'll tip over if you do "ode on a Grecian urn" I have always wanted to take a crack at King Lear or "the charge of the Light Brigade"...lol John (24 years ago, 2-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Classics LEGOstrated presents: OZYMANDIAS

(...) I *knew* there was something that bugged me about the first and last pics...for some reason i couldn't put my finger on it, but you just did! Thanks! They're in there now... (24 years ago, 2-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Classics LEGOstrated presents: OZYMANDIAS

(...) Great job. I vaguely remember Ozymandias being referenced as Ramses II or Ramses III (can't remember which), Pharaoh of Egypt. Now how about Rudyard Kipling's "East is East and West is West and never the twain shall meet......" Gary Istok (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)