 General / 19287
Re: Beam Me Up Scottie!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:39:04 GMT

Jamie Obrien <jamien@interworx.com.au> wrote in message
news:ejk1lsc2ne8kr2k58971afqrhvhbsfcgih@4ax.com...
Hi, i'm kindof feeling a bit bummed (depressed), and as you yanks seem
to make therapy as a pasttime (only got US TV to go on here!) what is
this thing they are doing with Lego now? My service shrink (A very
very very close friend died recently, hence the bummed extreme!) and
she made me play with Lego, MADE me play, with 2x2, 2x3 and 2x4
bricks. Any idea what's going on (It kind of helps, not as much as
jumping out of a plane at Angels 35) or is it one of those mind game
things that the shrinks are playing with these days?

Kind of worried what she's going to pull out next (no pun). BTW she
didn't (nore mot of my command structure hahaha) no about my Lego, so
this surprised me alot.

Going on 1am, 9 hours to the Funeral, can it get any worse???????

Jamie

I am very sorry you have lost a dear friend.
For me, Lego is a act of creation.   There are others things that have
helped me too - planting flowers, quilting, holding a baby....
activities(consciously or unconsciously)that have one looking to the future
and being part of it ?  Although sometimes I couldn't get that far mentally,
it was enough just to keep my hands busy -make time pass.   Time is suppose
to heal.  Of this I have sometimes had my doubts, but it does help.
sincerely,
sheree