 General / 18893
Re: Are all soccer sets going to be available in the US?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 01:29:16 GMT

I made my bimonthly pilgrimage to the LEGO Imagination Center at Disney World
this weekend and brought back a bounty of new soccer sets.  They had
everything in stock there except 3406.  They also had a set labled 3411 which
is the white bus with blue detail with USA, Canada, and Brazil team stickers.
It also includes a genuine size 1 soccer ball with LEGO markings on it.  Same
price as the others, too.  Don't know if this is a special for S@H/LIC or if
it will be in the next catalog.

I picked up the 98 World Cup sets when they came out and fell in love with
them.  These new sets don't compare in quality (think Town vs. Town Jr.), but
they are useful for filling in the gaps.  I've made new sticker sets,
scoreboard labels, and am up to 12 country teams with unique uniform layouts.
I'm working on putting up a webpage with pictures.  I'll make sure to post the
link when I get it done.

Jeff Huntington