 General / 18782
Re: Permanent Chatroom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 15:16:21 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tom Fought writes:
I would like to vote for a permanent IRC (internet relay chat) chatroom.
irc.superchat.org is a great server with low usage.
hope to see you there...

If we get enough votes for an irc chat then we will probally switch to that but
as of right now the AIM chat is winning 21-7 in our chat type poll(at
http;//hifiki.tripod.com/legochat/  )

-Kyle
hifiki.tripod.com

irc.superchat.org port6667
channel #legomania

Tom

In lugnet.general, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.general, Richard Franks writes:
In lugnet.general, Jeff Stembel writes:
Kyle Keppler has set up a permanant Lego Chatroom here:
http://hifiki.tripod.com/legochat/

It requires AOL Instant Messenger, however, if you dislike/don't want to • use
AIM, wou can vote for a web-based chatroom.  We hope to see you there!  :)

Yup - I guess now that the ball is rolling, a multi-platform solution will • be
found. For those not wanting to sell their soul to AOL, chat-registration
requires that you give them only: A user-name, a password, and an
email-address. The email-address isn't used to activate the account, so it
doesn't even need to be a valid one (if you're afraid of ending up on an AOL
mailing list) ;-)

It *is* used if you forget your password.  And I have yet to get any spam • from
signing up.  :)

Jeff