 General / 18778
Re: Permanent Chatroom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 12:55:18 GMT

I would like to vote for a permanent IRC (internet relay chat) chatroom.
irc.superchat.org is a great server with low usage.
hope to see you there...

irc.superchat.org port6667
channel #legomania

Tom

In lugnet.general, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.general, Richard Franks writes:
In lugnet.general, Jeff Stembel writes:
Kyle Keppler has set up a permanant Lego Chatroom here:
http://hifiki.tripod.com/legochat/

It requires AOL Instant Messenger, however, if you dislike/don't want to use
AIM, wou can vote for a web-based chatroom.  We hope to see you there!  :)

Yup - I guess now that the ball is rolling, a multi-platform solution will be
found. For those not wanting to sell their soul to AOL, chat-registration
requires that you give them only: A user-name, a password, and an
email-address. The email-address isn't used to activate the account, so it
doesn't even need to be a valid one (if you're afraid of ending up on an AOL
mailing list) ;-)

It *is* used if you forget your password.  And I have yet to get any spam from
signing up.  :)

Jeff