 General / 18661
18660  |  18662
Subject:
I'm exiting the world of LEGO.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 22:50:12 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

After weeks of soul-searching and discussions with my wife, I have decided it is
time to exit the LEGO scene, at least in large part.  After 6 months in our new
house we are finding there is no room for this hobby, either financially or
time wise.  I will be holding a (relatively) small portion of my collection for
use by my 2 girls, but anticipate getting rid of the rest in an effort to clean
up some of my current debt load.  I know this may come as a surprise to a great
many of you, but I rarely build anything and don't anticipate finding the time
to do so any time soon.  It's possible that this may just be a Dark Ages period,
which I never went through originally having started this hobby at 26 or so.  If
that is the case then maybe I will get back into it at a later date, albeit in a
less enthusiastic way.  To those of you that have deals pending (Tom and Brian
off the top of my head) I will contact you to discuss details.  This is also
advance notice to anyone going to brickfest that intend to show up at least one
day (probably Saturday) with as much of my collection as I can get organized in
time.  I will probably also reserve some items to offer up to people that have
helped me out or taken a strong interest in them.  I expect I will post
something in marketplace by the weekend with some details of what I will bring.

Rob

FUTs set to lugnet.general
-

Rob Farver - mailto:rfarver@rcn.com