 General / 18551
18550  |  18552
Subject:
Scale of minifigs: Standing vs sitting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 27 May 2000 10:39:32 GMT

A minifig is approx 5 cm tall, which corresponds to an approx scale of
1:35.  In this scale, it makes sense to have cars that are four studs
wide.

A sitting minifig, on the other hand, is approx 4 cm tall from the
seat and up.  Comparing this to a sitting human, we may end up with an
approx scale of 1:25.  Using this scale, cars should probably be six
studs wide rather than four.  Of course, this leads to a sitting
minifig having too short arms and legs.

So with this in mind, a six wide willys jeep I built is no longer too
large for the minifigs, but vitually perfectly scaled!  I just need to
avoid having a standing minifig next to it!  ;-)

Fredrik