 General / 18275
Re: AT&T Service
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 13:31:33 GMT

Mookie wrote:

I know there are a lot of people that lurk around here, Anyone in the
Milwaukee Wisconsin Area that got nailed in the 262/414 area code change
that connects to AT&T server keep an eye on your phonebill. Ameritech is
charging per min rates for anyone outside of the 414 area code to dial
into the 414 615-1218 (which AT&T says is local since they've pulled all
the other dialups)  even though the 414 calls are supposed to be local
even with the different area codes, Ameritech is stating that AT&T is
using a Teleport line, since it's not Ameritechs line, they feel they
can charge per min.
If anyone else finds these charges on their phone bill please mail me,
this address should be valid till the 29th, after that if they don't
straighten up their shit I'll be getting another ISP. (to bad I can't
get another local phone co :( )

Just fair warning, I wouldn't want anyone else to go through this :(
Tamy

--
Keep on Bricken'
-Tamy

http://home.att.net/~mookie1/
Lego isn't a toy, it's a way of life!

UGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!  Area Codes!!   I used to be one of the Area Codes IT
conversion coordinators for Ameritech Customer Billing.  Now that metro
Chicago has 6, and metro Detroit is getting it's 5th..... I am way glad I no
longer have to work conversion weekends for free......  (left Ameritech 2
years ago).

Gary Istok