 General / 18110
Re: LEGO radio...?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 14:45:03 GMT

Robert M. Dye wrote:

The pictures of the LEGO computer box got me to thinking...

but that project is a little ambitious for me.

So, has anyone ever tried to make a special case for a radio out of LEGO?
Modern radios are kind of crappy looking, but radios for the 40's and early
50's always look so impressive to me.  Can anyone capture that flavor, with
bricks?

Rob
-- My best email address is: robdye@writeme.com

The Art Deco (also Streamlined Moderne) style of radios from the 30's-50's was
usually made out of a plastic called BAKELITE.  Today these are highly sought
after.  I have a reproduction right here at work.  These usually have a lot of
streamlined curves to them.  If you want to build one, I would recommend the
use of curved bricks with accents in rarer colors (green, orange, pink,  tan,
etc.).

Gary Istok