 General / 17839
Re: LEGO 2x4's change throughout the ages...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 14:12:49 GMT

Funny you should mention this.  About 3 months ago I was searching for some
black 2x4 bricks for a fellow builder.  And I came across 11 different styles of
this brick.  3 Cellulose Acetate brick varieties, and 8 ABS brick varieties.
About 1/3 of these had "Pat. Pend" underneath.  One variety even had the "Pat.
Pend" chisled out of the mold, but still vaguely visible.  And these 11 don't
include any new varieties since 1998.

Gary Istok

Whytcross, Benjamin wrote:

I don't know if you've noticed, but not only has the stud design changed,
but so has the lettering/numbering as well. I have several different sets of
'text' under the brick, including Patent Pend. raised bumps where the patent
pend has been scratched out of the mould, and different placing of the
numbers on the underside [not counting different mould/position numbers].
the newest have the part number, as well as position/mould numbers, but I'm
not sure of the order of the others/release years, other than that the
patent pend. came before it was scratched out [It'd be strange if they did
it in the reverse order]

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsary..Growing up isn't :-)