 General / 17748
17747  |  17749
Subject:
LEGO 2x4's change throughout the ages...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 16:39:16 GMT

I my oldest LEGO is from 1976 (I think) and my newest LEGO is from
yesterday. But while playing last night I noticed that I have 4
different style 2 by 4's.  All the same on the outside, but different
patterns on the inside. The oldest ones have partially split tubes. Next
there are bricks with solid tubes, then there are bricks with solid
tubes and a small ridge running down the length of the brick. Finally,
there are the bricks with solid tubes with notched walls, and a large
ridge running accross the brick. I vaguely remember noticing design
changes when I was younger and it used to be fun to mentally catalogue
the changes. Like upside-downies (inverted roof pieces were called
upside-downies in my house) have two different molds. Anyway, how many
other stud and tube designs have there been?

Chris