 General / 17531
Re: Why We Don't Have X-Coloured Elements, and TLC Does...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 05:55:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Johann writes:

Now a lot of us complain about how TLC has their own endless supplies of
brown, lt blue, pink, whatever-colour-you-wish bricks, and how we don't have
any of those goodies.  I think the reason is this: TLC hasn't come out with a
set that requires the use of those bricks!

I can say this much: if TLG had allowed assorted colors such as pink or purple
to trickle into their town sets back in 1978, I could have been much more • likely
to stay with town sets. This is one of the major appeals of Rock Raiders as • far
as I'm concerned. Teal is COOL!

For example, if it wasn't for the Wild West Theme, why make brown bricks for
public use?

Bryan

Simple- how do you build a realistic tree model? Use green and brown.
Conversely, brown signifies dirt or wood. This could be quite useful in a town
for a construction site, or for any underground sets (hint, hint).

Exactly, the more colours the better.
Primary colours have their purpose, in chidren's toys.
The major reason I buy Belville/Paradisa is to get some different colours.
Who wants a totally primary colour town, you need different colours to work
in combination with the main colours.
Lego started with a yellow castle, but moved on to grey/gray.
Light Brown/Dark Brown and Light Grey/Dark Grey elements are becoming more
and more prevalent especially in Star Wars.
I think Teal is great and Orange, the Rock Raiders HQ is the first set I
bought after my dark ages.
A Basic/Classic brick bucket with just these 6 colours would certainly be
something.

-pete.w