 General / 17507
17506  |  17508
Subject:
Cool German site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 21:39:02 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

following item came across today (my translation):

"The former LEGO(R)-designer Bjoern Doppke displays models on his website
'Brickpark' (http://home.t-online.de/home/320098039644-0001/LegoSite.htm) which
he built at LEGO(r) for advertising purposes.  Included are naturally th models
for the 'Mehr Zeit fuer Kinder' [more time for kids] campaign.  The site is an
absolute must for all true LEGO(r) fans."

The site is in German, so non-German-readers will miss the little tidbits, but
the models themselves are very cool.  A couple of examples:

A frog:
http://home.t-online.de/home/320098039644-0001/Legoland/Tiere/frosch.htm

In the advertisement, "Lego knows what ladies wish for."  The explanation:
"The lilypads are about 60cm in diameter.  The flower petals are made out of
Paradisa sails (a stroke of genius!)."

A tuba:
http://home.t-online.de/home/320098039644-0001/Legoland/Diverses/tuba.htm

"The tuba and beer mugs are built to scale.  These were put to uncanny use as
an anniversary gift for especially good Bavarian customers."

Enjoy!

Alan