 General / 17197
17196  |  17198
Subject:
Yardsale tips (was: Help Me Get Back Into LEGOs!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 18:33:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott Arthur writes:
Forget the new sets. Hang about garage sales... the real treasue is to be
found there.

Garage Sale Tip #6 : Don't be scared to push little kids out of the way.

Scott A

I don't do much yard-saling because 1)I'm not a mornig person 2)You _can_
spend lots of time and get little, however...
TIP#7 always make sure you ask the person if they have any LEGO.

Once the lady running the yard sale said to her son, "What happened to all
those LEGO you used to play with."  "In the attic," he said. Fifteen minutes
and $10 later I walked away with a big box of LEGO including some older castle
and lots of generic stuff.  Usually though they say their kids still play with
theirs and they are not ready to sell their LEGO yet.

Also I more often find DUPLO than system or basic LEGO bricks.  I don't mind
buying DUUPLO cheap as I use it for supports and filler on my landscape/train
layouts.

Ben Gatrelle
PS What are tips #1-5