 General / 17138
Re: Help Me Get Back Into LEGOs!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 13:19:38 GMT

It all depends on your tastes.  If you like technic, then I would suggest any
of the 3 Star Wars Technic droids.  They range in price from $20 to $50 and
are great building fun.

The other sets in the Star Wars line (X-Wing, Snowspeeder, B-Wing, Slave-1)
are also all great sets, and have good selections of pieces to jumpstart your
colelction.  They also have fairly low cost/piece counts.

Adrian
--
http://junior.apk.net/~tremor/lego.html

In lugnet.general, Andrew Lattof writes:
Hey-

I used to have tons of Legos a few years back(I'm now 19), but I think most of
them have disappeared through moving and such.  I was thinking about getting
back into Legos and was wondering if you guys could suggest sets I should get
to start with to have a nice selection of pieces, preferrably 1-3 sets, $40 or
less per set.  Should I get any of the buckets just to get a good amount of
pieces?  Do the buckets have any good pieces?  I live in Orlando, but have yet
to make my way to the LIC in Disney - what sets should I look for?  Should I
go with Technics or standard Legos?  Ahh...too many choices.  Any and all
suggestions would be welcomed.  Thanks

-Andrew