 General / 17123
Re: Question about piece availability
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 20:44:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bram Lambrecht writes:
"John Rudy" <tjjohn12@twcny.rr.com> writes:
Did TLG ever make the hinge car roof piece
with the window in grey.  I need 2 for a
delorian I am building (doors).  Does
anyone have any ideas for an alternate?

I can't answer your question, but there sure are a lot of people building
DeLoreans right now.  Is yours going to be of the time-machine variety,
too?
I finally came up with a reasonably compact way (the model is 16x36
studs) to have the wheels fold down while preserving working steering and
drive axle.  I've started building the chassis, and I'll probably try to
add some motors to see how well it runs soon.  Then comes the hard
part...adding tons of weight while still having a functional vehicle...)
Once all the DeLorean's are completed, I'll throw up a page featuring
them, if you (and MouserX) are interested...

Sure, a page sounds good.
I built mine last night after the posts.
Mine is 6 by 19 studs and is just longer
and taller than minifig scale.  The wheels
don't fold however, I couldn't compact
mouser's wheels enough to fit in 6 wide.
I am using the smallest hub with larger
rubber wheels, if that makes sense.
These are the wheels. It looks nice, and
uses the low windshield (clear) I really need
to finish the doors.  Right now I have a
grey roof hinge with 1 x 4 plate held
on by 2 1 by 2 grates with a white 2 by
2 for the window.  I think it looks good,
Now, to find someone in school with a
scanner. . .

-John Rudy