 General / 17065
Re: Biggest LEGO Maniacs (was: First draft of the Lego-Modular Train layout standards posted..)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 00:21:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Steve Bliss wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Mike Poindexter wrote:

[1]  I would put Conan as #1, but I don't think I even fit into the
top 10. I think I sell as much as Frank Filz buys and I am sure
there are bigger fish than me, but I don't know how many that would
be.  Maybe I am a top buyer, but I don't know.  Just curious and
not trying to fill some machismo need.

I doubt we even know the 10 customers (not buy-and-resellers, but
people who actually buy and stockpile LEGO).  Why?  Simple:  they're
too busy with lego to bother with that waste-of-time known as the
internet. Conan fits into this category, correct?

There are bound to be plenty of other Conans out there.
Statistically, I would not be surprised if the domain "Lugnet
readers and posters" fails to represent the buying/collecting habits
of all AFOLs.

Who is Conan?  I keep seeing references to him, but I have never seen
him post.  (Not that anybody knows who I am either, but at least people
don't talk about me a whole lot either.)

And if he is too busy with LEGO to bother with the 'net, then how do we
know of him?  Is he a real-life acquaintance?

Just curious (not antagonistic)...
--
Susan Hoover
Houston, TX