 General / 17053
Re: How many bricks in a kilo (or pound)?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 16:39:04 GMT

    Well, to answer my own question, I looked at ebay auctions where folks
were selling lego "by the pound" and adding the pieces.  One pound is
somewhere between 200 to 300 pieces (with an obvious variation between one by
one rounds and small baseplates)
    With this in mind, I need at least a hundred pounds of lego to do a kid's
buildathon.  (assuming there is 50 kids in active play at a time)  I'm doing
this in center that includes 6 video game systems, 2 pool tables, pinball
machines, etc.  So some of the kids that will hang out, won't be there for
lego and my average is about eighty kids.

In lugnet.general, John D. Forinash writes:
In article <Fs50Hr.Kr2@lugnet.com>, Markus Wolf <croutons@usa.net> wrote:
I'm planning a Lego Buildathon in my area.  I understand that about a kilo • per
person (isn't that 2.2 pounds?) is a good estimation per kid.  Anyone know
about how many bricks are in a kilo (or pound).  What I'll probably do is get
donations from my church and other local sources and if I can get people to
donate by the bucket or tub, I'll know how many to shoot for my goal.  I've
never actually bought legos in either form, so I'd appreciate any input.

Hm. If you plan on using parts from brick buckets, you can get a decent
estimate (though I've no clue how many that is.)

If you're talking about "lego pieces in general", it depends on the
mix of pieces. I can get a lot more minifig tools in a pound than I can
BURPs...

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu                            ( <