 General / 16988
Re: Box scans?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 10:41:30 GMT

The sets listed on www.brickset.co.uk, have pictures of either instructions
or boxes (a few catalogue scans also). The problem with pause is that as it
has evolved other quite a long time, and relies heavily on catalogue scans -
some of the pictures can be quite poor. Brickset, on the other hand, holds
some pretty high quality scans. 100% of the time I check Brickset first.

A typical box scan on brickset:
http://nt1.pncl.co.uk/huw/view.asp?Set=4533-1

The same set on pause:
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=4533

Another comparison (brickset shows pics of the minifigs also):
http://nt1.pncl.co.uk/huw/view.asp?Set=6278-1
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6278

I'm not saying brickset is better, just different.

Scott A