 General / 16887
  How many bricks in a kilo (or pound)?

Hi all, I'm planning a Lego Buildathon in my area. I understand that about a kilo per person (isn't that 2.2 pounds?) is a good estimation per kid. Anyone know about how many bricks are in a kilo (or pound). What I'll probably do is get donations (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How many bricks in a kilo (or pound)?

(...) Hm. If you plan on using parts from brick buckets, you can get a decent estimate (though I've no clue how many that is.) If you're talking about "lego pieces in general", it depends on the mix of pieces. I can get a lot more minifig tools in a (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How many bricks in a kilo (or pound)?

Well, to answer my own question, I looked at ebay auctions where folks were selling lego "by the pound" and adding the pieces. One pound is somewhere between 200 to 300 pieces (with an obvious variation between one by one rounds and small (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)