 General / 16857
    Cleaning baseplates —Chris Roy
    I recently went home to collect some of my Lego and I grabbed all the baseplates I have. Now the question is how do I clean them? They're covered in dirt and sawdust mostly. My grey space ones have yellowed slightly. Does anybody have any hints? (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Cleaning baseplates —Frank Filz
     (...) The dirt and sawdust will probably come off with a good soak in warm soappy water. You may want to use a brush and scrub a little (if you get vigorous you could damage the painted baseplates, but I haven't noticed any damage). Paint and pen (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Cleaning baseplates —David Simmons
   I generally use warm soapy water and a soft bristle toothbrush. It leaves the paint intact and doesn't scratch too much. If it doesn't come completely clean I just repeat the process. Dave Chris Roy <rand.NO@generation.SPAM.net> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Cleaning baseplates —Sheree Rosenkrantz
    David Simmons <alienbuz@concentric.net> wrote in message news:Fs4KB1.n0E@lugnet.com... (...) My method is similar to Dave's, but using a different brush. I have a very soft bristle brush with a round 1inch diameter head which I use with warm/tepid (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)