 General / 15718
15717  |  15719
Subject:
Warning about cleaning smoky LEGO with Pine-Sol
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 06:09:17 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Mike Walsh writes:

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <383AA9F9.DF7022@voyager.net>...
Scott-A wrote:

- smoke free seller

I thought about doing this. But I learned very qickly that many smokers • feel
they are getting a hard time, and get bitter when the see statmets like
that.

Scott A

I think you should reconsider, and add that. I find smoke rather
annoying. It seems to stick to the plastic for a long time. I take smoke
into account when deciding about purchases, when I can. But I usually
forget to ask.

If smokers are bitter because of you making that statement, seems like
that's their issue, not yours.

I have found that soaking "smoky" pieces in a diluted Pine-Sol solution
seems to get rid of the smell.  Doesn't take long either - maybe an hour or
so.

WARNING!

I just cleaned a bunch of smoky LEGO with Pine-Sol, and noticed a few ill
effects.

I had a clear windshield and some clear decorated thin-walls go cloudy. None
of the other clear bits I washed went cloudy, not sure of the difference.
Fortuanately, the thin walls are those ambulance ones which aren't very see
through anywise.

The other bits which got affected were some pirate sails (but again, others
came through just fine). They are a set of sails from 6268 (but there were
other 6268 sails in there). I have noticed that some of the sails seem to be
printed with a rubberish ink while others seem to be dyed.

From now on, I will be reserving the Pine-Sol for parts which are just so
smoky as to be irritating.

Frank