 General / 1571
Re: lego.com catalogue updates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 19:57:41 GMT

Matthew Verdier writes:
Once I verified with my own eyes that their were
entries for these items, I called SAH to place an order for 30 black roof
brick packs.  The nice lady on the phone took all my information and when I
gave her the pack number said it showed up in the inventory as sold out,
which meant the set was discontinued.  She very nicely told me I couldn't
place an order on back order either.  She consoled me as I sobbed (just
kidding).  The same was true for the 2 white plate sets, but I didn't check
for the green bricks.  I can only assume they have the sets listed in the
database, but have not officially activated these item numbers yet.  I can
only hope that in the near future these packs will be fully activated and we
will be able to order them.

I was able to order 5320 and 5321, the two white plate sets from S@H on Monday,
Dec. 21 for $4.50 each.  They also had the new Road Signs.  Unfortunately,
the black roof bricks, black plates, green bricks, and all the new Technic
packs that I tried weren't available yet.   Lots of the full sets that I
tried to order were on back order until February.

John Boreczky
johnb@pal.xerox.com