 General / 15513
Re: LUGNET spammed (was: Semiconductor Specific Search Engine)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 10:47:14 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, John J. Ladasky, Jr. writes:
Hey, folks, (and Todd Lehman in particular)

Did you catch this spam over in lugnet.robotic.handyboard?

I hope that this trend doesn't continue. :^(  LUGNET is one of the few
Internet institutions I use that is nearly 100% content, and spam-free.

The big reason that Lugnet is spam-free is that for most of it's content, you
have to register to post, and spammers hate that.  The only places this isn't
quite accurate is when Lugnet interacts with a mailing list, as is the case
with several groups, including lugnet.robotics.handyboard.  I don't recall the
specific list it crosses over with in this case, but it's probably best taken
up with the administrators of that list.

<FUT: .admin.general>

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/