 General / 15416
Re: White baseplates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:43:14 GMT

Jonathan Little wrote:

I was flipping through the new S@H catalog that I got yesterday, and
happened to get a good look at Arctic set 6575. It's the largest set, some
sort of outpost. Anyway . . . it appears that the baseplates are white
(which, of course, would make sense, but it never dawned on me to look
before). I've never seen white baseplates before. Is this something new, or
has it appeared elsewhere?

-Jonathan

Historically, the 10x20 (thick) white baseplate was made from the mid 1950's
until 1982, when it and the 10x20 grey baseplate were discontinued.  But that
is the older type of baseplate.

Gary Istok