 General / 15413
Re: NEW PICTURES
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 14:41:59 GMT

For a German WWII helmet, you can custom make somthing that works pretty well.  I
cut down a motorcycle helmet, and one of the flare-necked castle helmets.  Glue
the bottom of the flare to the top of the motorcycle helmet, repaint, and you get
something that's pretty accurate.  I actually did it for my AT-ST troopers, but
since the Imperial forces are very Nazi-reminiscient (sp??), it works well.  You
can see the results at http://web.mit.edu/~sullis3/www/ATST/ATSTCON1.htm , about
3/4 down the page.  Imagine the helmets without the goggles, of course.

shaun

Carl Greatrix wrote:

Shaun,
yes, they are as accurate as possible. The cannon is modeled on a German ww2
50mm PAK anti-tank gun and does actually have working suspension for recoil
and ejects the empty shells out of the breech :)....the machine guns are just
as close as I could get to belt fed MG's...and as youve noticed now"grin" I
get references from modeling sites on the net....I used to build a great deal
of model tanks when I was a teenager...Lego has resparked my passion....expect
the street scene to increase in size, and many many more tanks, half tracks,
etc are on the way :).
DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF ANY LEGO HAT THAT WOULD BE SUITABLE FOR A GERMAN WW2
HELMET???
Please help me.
I can feel a room sized diorama coming on!!!!

In lugnet.general, Shaun Sullivan writes:
Carl,

The Tiger II Tank is AMAZING.  What do you use for reference material?  The • detail
on the interior is stunning, especially if it is all accurate!  The WWII • Street
Scene looks perfect too.  I'm going to be hosting a NELUG Brikwars event in • March,
and my contributions look to be strongly weighted in WWII period items.  They • may
get mulched by flying mechs and such, but they'll look cool  ;)  The Tiger • Tank
would look stunning too.  Any chance there will be some LDRAW files in the • future?
I know it's intimidating, but I found it pretty straightforward when I picked • it up
to LDRAW my AT-ST.

By the way, are the howitzer and heavy troop-portable machine-guns accurate • too (as
much as can be expected at that scale?)   That is, do they represent real • guns?  My
howitzer is pretty much a custom job, though it does look period authentic. • Even
though it's in black :D

Anyways, I can't say enough.  The Tiger II is unbelievable ... I am throughly
shell-shocked by it *grin*

shaun

Carl Greatrix wrote:

I have just posted pictures of the first 3 models I have built in 17 years • in
the members gallery at www.brickshelf.com.They are a battle tank, star wars • AT-
ST and Millenium Falcon...please let me know what you think :) Thanks!!