 General / 15318
Re: Lexicon site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 19:15:30 GMT

Frank,

It's great!  / Es ist ausgezeichnet!!!

A few things for you to add:

--System in Play / System im Spiel --

The 10 items that Ole Kirk Christiansen said were the criteria for a great toy
(found in the World of LEGO Toys)..

--Town Plan / Stadt Plan --

The 1955-65 first phase of LEGO Town.  It included a Town Plan board (#200 in
USA/Canada, and #246 in Europe), several kits for different Town Plan buildings
(in Europe only), and the Town Plan sets (#725 in USA and Canada, #700 or #810
in Europe).  The supplemental parts pack sets (bricks, windows & doors, sloped
bricks, trees & bushes, cars & trucks, plates, street signs, street lights,
flags, and garage door kits) were all made to supplement the Town Plan.

--Samsonite --

The USA/Canada company (that makes plastic suitcases and other products) sold
LEGO from 1961-72 in the USA, and from 1962-86 in Canada.  Afterwards TLC took
over operations, and Samsonite is no longer in the LEGO business.

I'm sure that I'll think up a few more.

Keep up the good work!

Gary Istok

Frank Buiting wrote:

Hi,

A little teaser ;-) ...the site is still under construction but after a day
of hard work I couldn't resist posting about it...
I have put up my first version of my LEGO Lexicon site. See it at:
http://members.chello.nl/~f.buiting/lego
Currently the only letters (tabs on top of the page) that are working are A
to L and the letters S and T.
LMKWYT! It is not yet complete but still, if you have words that this
lexicon can't do without let me know.

-Frank