 General / 1530
Re: More colored Gems and Wands!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 14:13:09 GMT

Once upon a time, "Jeff Stembel" <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote:

I was looking at the catalog on Lego's Site, and guess what I
found?  Set 5399 Belville Accessories with new colors of Wands and
Gems(1)!   The Gems appear to come in (all transparent) Light Blue,
Green, Red, and Dark Blue; The wands appear to come in (again, all
transparent) Green-Yellow, Light Blue, and Light Purple(2).  Other Items
include a Silver Dish, a (large) Silver Crown, and a Trans-Light Blue
Goblet, among other things.
<http://www.lego.com/catalog/eur/productzoom.asp?number=5399>

Interesting.  Castle for Belville.  Or "Princess" is probably more
accurate.  They've got wider variation in the different faces--a
fair-haired boy, an older man, witch (at least she's better looking than
the minifig witch) etc.  Why didn't they use minifigs for the fairies?

Some of those wall pieces look like they used the design approach from
Scala.

Steve