 General / 15040
Re: Finally some pictures of the carrier I'm building!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 15:20:51 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
   I really appreciate that Mike. I have your site bookmarked and really
like your ships.
   I have to say that my favorite is probably the Avenger even though the
other ships seem to  have a more refined and clean look to them.
    I like all sorts of ship designs and styles but one of my favorite
looks for large ships has been the dirty, "fallen apart and put back
together" look that is so notable in ships like the Nebulon B Frigate (the
medical frigate) in the SW movies and the Sulaco from Aliens. I'd have to
say that these two ships are very influential in my design of Bardiel. Also
alot of Gothic cathedrals.
   Ideally my ship when done will have this beat up look to it but at the
same time look like it could ram right through another ship.
   Anyway the Avenger you made seems to have a bit of that look to it. Very
cool.

Interesting.  I always prefered the more pristine military look of Star
Destroyers, at least for ships that "could ram right through another ship."

   Side note before I forget it. I had an idea for a ship that I'm sure
isn't original but I haven't seen it done in Lego yet. It would be cool to
make a LARGE ship that would be long with a small asteroid about half way
along its length-- maybe a little bit towards the back. The ship to me would
have the look like it had either been built around/ in front of and behind
the rock or maybe would have kind of a punched through look to it. I think
burps used in all sorts of directions on the asteroid part would look really
great.

Now that sounds neat.  I am currently working on a colony to go with my all
black ship the Phantom Shrieker.  I am using all my burps/castle walls for a
backround cliff with mining operations and refineries.  It will be a few months
before I have enough for pictures though.  That whole life thing gets in the
way so often. :-)

   I've used 2 burps so far on Bardiel near the observation complex and
will probably use some more at the soon to be made sensor array and on the
later to be made drive system at the back. These however will represent
metal and maybe a stone look as opposed to natural rock.

I am definately looking forward to seeing the Bardiel completed.

   Ramblin,
    Jon

       -Lord "never too old to build" Insanity

"A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men"

Visit me at:  http://members.tripod.com/~LordInsanity