 General / 15014
15013  |  15015
Subject:
Beach House / Design Comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 05:11:11 GMT

I finally finished my first semi-large project.  I have some comments,
and would like a little advice.

What is the best way to expose the inside of a building?  I used several
baseplates, and connected them with Technic Pins and hinges.  This came
out pretty good, but it took several complete redesigns before I got it
to work correctly.

I think the main problem with my house is that because of the porch, the
it can't be split at the roof peak, it has to split off to one side.
Now I'm guessing that even splitting a building lengthwise probably
isn't a good idea.  It would probably have been much easier to split it
perpendicular to the roof peak.

The one thing I do like is that when the house is closed, the chimney
covers the crack where it splits open. (at least on one side)

It seems as though the people with the biggest and best
buildings/castles/structures are the ones that kinda plan ahead.  On
this project, I took the basic idea off a real house, but it was all
done w/o a plan.  I was relying mostly on memory and making it up as I
went.  What's the best way to plan ahead?  just do a few rough
sketches?  does graph paper help?

If you want to take a look, I'd like some feedback on the house itself
too.  I've finally finished furnishing (say that 10 times fast ;) the
inside.
http://www.geocities.com/Pipeline/Reef/1113/lego/beach/

  -Jonathan