 General / 14894
14893  |  14895
Subject:
Lego Beach's Newest Acquisition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 03:29:01 GMT

The Lego Beach Fire and Rescue Service is pleased to
announce another acquisition.  Our newest piece of equipment
is a 1991
Hess Firefighting Apparatus Commercial Tanker.  The new
Engine Forty Two can be seen at the following URL:

http://www.crosswinds.net/~hokie/lbfre42.htm

For the uninitiated the word "commercial" in the name means
that the apparatus was built on a commercially available
chassis (like a Mack truck) with the engine mounted in front
of the cab.  These are generally much cheaper than apparatus
built on a custom chassis, which makes them ideal for
smaller fire departments with tight budgets.

This model was based on Engine 72 of the Chesapeake (Va.)
Fire Department.  You can see a picture of it here:

http://www.chesapeake.va.us/services/depart/fire/fire/eng72.
htm

From a Lego POV these types of apparatus are impossible to
duplicate in this scale (four-wide) because of the contours
of the hood and fenders.  Given that, I think I came up with
a pretty good representation of this style.  I like it so
much that I have plans to build a Heavy Rescue and a Haz-Mat
on this chassis :-)

Please LMKWYT,
Will

Visit the Lego Beach Fire and Rescue Service
http://www.crosswinds.net/~hokie