 General / 14812
Re: Does anyone remember this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 19:47:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Robert M. Dye wrote:

I have spent a couple hours looking for this on DejaNews and AltaVista, and
I can't find it anywhere.

A while back, we had a thread or two on rec.toys.lego, entitled "LEGO hits
bottom."  The idea was to propose imaginary sets which would "prove" LEGO
had run out of ideas.  I think the whole thing was inspired by theTime
Cruiser sets.

Among other things proposed were "LEGO nerf"  (Jeff Thompson?), and a couple
other great sarcastic jokes.

There was one that went like this:

"LEGO polar base.  White bricks.  LOTS of white bricks.  New polar bear
element."

Now, what I want to know is...who had the crystal ball?

That could have been me.  Sounds like me.  Definitely matches the opinion I held
(and stated) at the time.

But I don't remember if I thought of it, or was just responding to someone.

Steve