 General / 14613
Re: "Mindblowing Animation" Recompressed and Mirrored
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 21:51:20 GMT

David Simmons <alienbuz@concentric.net> wrote FpIz6L.2rH@lugnet.com...
I recommend everyone download this if at all possible.  The CGI work is
superb!  The toothpaste commercial is actually kinda funny.  I wonder why
they chose to use Babylon 5 music and sounds for a Castle themed short.

<nonLEGO stuff>
The reason they probably chose Babylon 5 music is because this is actually
the second demo. "Phobic" is a demo group and TG99 is short for "The
Gathering '99" a PC/Amiga/C64 demo-scene event in Norway. A lot of groups
participate in various competitions and "Babylonia" was the winner in the
Animation category in 1998 (BTW. the Legoland animation won in '99). See
http://www.hornet.org/ for Scene related stuff. I can find no trace of the
origional Babylonia demo

</nonLEGO stuff>

sure wish TLG would make gold chrome tiles like the ones on the castle
floor!

Gold tiles would also look great as gold-bars in a bank. Hmm... A LEGO
Goldfinger minifig in Fort-Knox  :-)
Again it shows that tiles make a nice floor, like in the preview of Sanjay
D'Souza's Millennium city (can't find the picture...) and made me think
about ordering lots of tiles for my own city... that thought ebbed away and
now this! AARRGGHH! *waiting impatiently for LEGO direct*

-Frank (once a demo-scener)