 General / 14601
14600  |  14602
Subject:
"Mindblowing Animation" Recompressed and Mirrored
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 10:40:42 GMT

Temporarily available: 52 MB MPEG LEGO Castle animation

This animation was handed to me by a student. It was made by friends of • him.
I'd like to credit the authors but don't know their names yet. Because of
the large file, this will be on my site only for the time being.

Don't get confused by the fake 'Danish' commercial at the start.

http://homepages.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind/insights/
select bits & pieces from menu

Enjoy,

Eric Brok

I've mirrored this on my site in the US at:

http://troy.simplenet.com/lego/animation/

I've also put a recompressed version there that is less then half the file
size.  It is more heavily compressed then the original, and only has 8 bit
mono sound compared to the original 44khz 16 bit stereo sound.  The image
size is only slightly smaller then the original 386 pixels, as the software
I used only supports 640 or 320.

In any event, it is still very watchable, and might give people with slower
connections a chance to see it.  If I ever get Premiere to work, I will
break it into smaller chunks, perhaps 5mb each or something.

Troy