 General / 14272
Re: How do you copyright your own work?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 11:06:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christopher Masi writes:
Is it as simple as saying, "I took the picture; therefore, it is
copyrighted by me," or is it a more invovled legal process like
patenting?

IANAL, but I believe that you automatically have a fair amount of copyright
protection under most countries laws. That said, if you got into a dispute with
someone over who did what you might find yourself having trouble proving you're
the creator/author/whatever. The plagarism issue didn't have that difficulty
because there where a number of other people who knew about the true ownership
of the creations.

Regards,
Steve Hodge